The Movie: Gautamiputra Satakarni
Caption: A Hero is reborn through a motion picture
Savvy’s Rating: 5 / 5
Zephyr: The movie itself and the efforts of those who are involved in this great masterpiece
Brush off: Repetitive use of war zone sequences but can be ignored totally
War is a progeny of power. A victory calls for bloodbath and so does the loss. The thirst for power is not always for greed though. And a War gives us not just a Winner and a Loser. During this crisis, Heroes emerge too. A Hero is a common man with uncommon vision. A Hero who thinks beyond personal benefit. A Hero who adopts people beyond his family. A Hero who grows with an ambition to make the world a better place to live.
Didn’t we learn, few sacrifices are acceptable to benefit the bigger number!?!?
This movie certainly makes a few to read more about Gautamiputra Satakarni and Satavahana Rulers related history.
Story in a nutshell:
It’s a story of a Satavahana Ruler from 2nd Century (see wiki: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gautamiputra_Satakarni) who wished for a boundary-less, wealthy kingdom. HIs name is Gautamiputra Satakarni means son of Gautami whose name is Satakarni. It appears like all his successors had their names recognized by their mothers. It was a privilege given to Mothers and their unconditional motherhood. He had defeated greedy kings for the welfare of the people. His aim is to have seamless developments and unity under his rule.
This movie has a time machine that takes you to view the pain of wars, life during ancient times, physically strong men as soldiers, their fate in the war zone, manual war equipment, greedy invasions, entertainment in that era, etc. It’s like you putting on virtual reality glasses on to go through various emotions.
What worked well:
- Impressive homework on the Ruler that had resulted in effective story building bringing to surface unknown historical facts, architecture and civilization
- Equally impressive Screenplay to project on screen the story as per the script and bringing many forgotten characters alive
- Outstanding Art and Cinematography that complements Director’s vision ; they are simple, flawless and inter-knitting to the story
- Brilliant – seamless – Graphics that adds to the grandeur of the story
- Commendable and thoughtful Music that fits the timely flow
- Telugu language has command and its demand is de-glorified over the years. Punchy and impactful dialogues given to key characters were indeed laudable and shows the experience and knowledge of the language by the Writer
- Daring decision of the Hero to do this highly prestigious and risky role and carrying it gracefully throughout
- Bold action of the Producers to make a movie on a Telugu Ruler in this generation
- This movie is a Director’s baby where in everything was presented to the audience in an engaging way without digressing from the aim of the movie i.e., bringing Gautamiputra Satakarni, the forgotten hero of Telugu, into our lives. It appears like all characters were Director’s actors. No traces of loose ends or under quality at any given point, despite this movie made in short span. Yes, few passionate teams can make classics in 73 days. This movie will be in the Tollywood’s timeline forever and it deserves that respect
Savvy Certified Movie. Watch it with your friends and families.
– Entire cast and the crew
Review written by Bharathi-putrika: Savvy (భారతీ పుత్రిక సావి)