The Movie: Atharintiki Daaredi (How to go to aunt’s house)
Caption: Atharintiki Daari is surely a jolly ride; Kirraakk movie 😛
Savvy’s Rating: 4/5
Zephyr: Story, Comedy, Music, and Direction.
• Introduction is bit slow and not as exciting as it has to be especially when you are introducing a Hero like Pawan; thought it was moving very slow but within no time it picked up
• I guess Pawan is getting too comfortable while acting; in some scenes, his body language is not in sync with the dialogues he delivered for that particular situation (Or I don’t know if he’s changing his acting style)
• Lengthy movie with interval it is 2.55 mins; can be edited to cut down some time (but it did not let audience feel bored though. Theatre was intact entire duration)
• The most annoying part is Devi Sri Prasad showing up in a song
• Slapping comedians didn’t gel with Pawan’s personality; instead of slapping he should of tried something funny
• Pranitha, Posani, Kota and MS Narayana characters are under-used
This is one of those movies where you just want to watch and not review it or at least try to be more critical.
Story in a nut-shell: A Rich family, daughter marries against her father’s wishes, father gets mad and there’s verbal and physical fight between father and daughter, father asks her to leave the family, and she leaves the home insulted. Well, the father had a son and grandson too. Time passes; the ailing father wants to see his daughter again and requests the grandson to get her back. Like father, Like daughter. She too is so stubborn and don’t want to come back. How the grandson makes her aunt to understand the situation and takes her back to his grand-dad is the story.
When did you last feel like you really watched a good movie? This movie promises that. It’s a total family entertainer. If you consider a movie as full plate meals, then this flick has drama, comedy, sentiment, love, and action as items to relish.
It’s a lengthy movie (almost 3 hrs) but did not leave audience bored anytime. Story is knit so strong and audiences were eagerly waiting to see what’s coming next. I did not see any audience taking a break at any point even during songs. Simple thought on how to convince and get maternal aunt back home was shown in a grand way. It’s a visual feast to eyes. Almost the movie is flawless. Be it situational comedy or sentimental conversation, the scenes were terrific.
Well, I don’t have to say about Pawan Kalyan (PK). He’s the record himself. What surprises me the most is, in spite of recent leakage of 90mins of this movie, still he could make this a Record-buster. How is that possible?? I guess in Tollywood’s history, no movie had come out – or will come out – of this kind of crisis and survive as a Winner. Hats off to his Heroism and the mania he created for the movie buffs (P.s. not fans).
• TRIVIK – The Director, The Story-writer, The Master in movie’s success. Period
• Dialogues in this movie are not heavy through-out; surprisingly 3vik had penned-down his dialogues’ weight for the sake of Pawan/Story I guess. Couple thoughtful dialogues:
• 1) Ekkada Neggalo ekkada taggalo telisinode goppodu (A person who knows where to win and where to bend is great)
• 2) Paamu paradhyaanangaa undani thoka meeda kaaleyyakoodadu (Don’t step on a snake’s tail just because it is not alert)
• 3) Aadiki manushulni champentha dhairyam ledu; chacchentha commitment ledu (The guy do not have courage to kill a person or have commitment to die for someone)
• 4) Meeru choopista Glamour; memu chooste Vulgar (If you (women) show it’s glamour and if we (men) see it’s vulgar)
• 5) Choodappa Siddhappa … from the trailer is THE Dialogue in the movie
• 6) Simham padukundi kadaa ani joolu tho jada veyakudadu; Puli padukundi kadaa ani pakkana nilabadi photo teeyinchukokoodadu (Don’t try to tie plaits with Lion’s mane just because it’s sleeping; don’t try to stand next to a tiger just because it’s sleeping. Both are dangerous)
• Unbelievably, songs were awesome to listen in the theatre; all songs are apt and picturized well; “Aaradugula bullettu” is a chartbuster; Sensible background score is a bonus
• Comedy is a great asset in the movie; Brahmanandam’s comedy post interval is a laughing riot. I am afraid people may say first half is slow because of Brahmmi’s late entry 😉
• Casting is the heart of the cinema. Characters and characterizations in the movie are so close to real life and performed well. Nadia is as stunning as ever and perfect match for the aunt’s role. Her attitude and body language was perfect for the character. Rao Ramesh is really growing high as an actor. He will surely give a run to Sayaji Shindes, Prakash Rajs soon. Rest of the supporting characters have actually added glow to the grandeur
• 3vik tried to repeat Mumtaz/Pawan pair for an item song sequence after Kushi. Guess it really flied. Although, Hamsa Nandini was sharing the screen space with Mumtaz, it was the latter who stole the show
I guess Pawan Kalyan (PK) should submit a patent on keywords like Tikka, Kirrak, Mental etc. Most of his movies have characters addressing with these keywords.
This movie has two 6” bullets – 1) 3vik and 2) Pawan Kalyan (PK). Both bullets will pierce straight into audience hearts’ with this movie. I won’t be surprised if some old/long standing records in Tollywood will get knocked off this time.
What are you waiting for, just go and watch it! I bet you won’t stop watching it just once.
– 3vik, Story, Songs
– Pawan Kalyan (Hero), Brahmanandam
– Rao Ramesh, Nadia, Ali